This course is designed for teachers of all subjects, who desire to learn and then to teach.
AIMS OF THE COURSE
The aim of the course is to teach methods that will enable teachers to communicate effectively with students in the classroom. In order to develop communication methods, the methods used by teachers in their lessons will be supported by technological materials. Thus, with this course, it was aimed to reduce early school leaving and to achieve quality in education.
– To offer the participants a training experience in a different country,
– To improve the skills and competencies of the participants in the teaching sector,
– Acquisition of knowledge and experiences, exchange of ideas, and know how for good practices in lessons,
– To promote and reinforce the contribution in the process of innovation and shared knowledge among participants,
– Understanding communication and explore the mindsets of effectiveness,
– How to use influential language patterns to promote learning and positive behaviour,
– How to ensure that you create the right climate for learning,
– Learn some practical ways to help support learning,
– Learn how to use questioning to communicate understanding and learning,
– Enhance your communication skills with key knowledge from psychology, neuroscience and nlp (neuro-linguistic programming),
– Developing the classroom assessment approach,
– Understanding the classroom assessment techniques and their implementation in the classroom,
– Establishing the foundations of classroom communication,
– Teaching diverse students bewaring of their cultural differences,
– Appreciating and accommodating the similarities and differences among the students’ cultures.
– Improving students’ perception and listening skills,
– Understanding the functions of verbal and nonverbal communication in the classroom,
– Clarifying advantages and disadvantages of the discussion and lecture methods
– Applying storytelling as instructional strategy,
– Learning about teaching methods that enhance teacher effectiveness.
– The methods used by teachers in their lessons will be supported by technological materials. They will learn to design and use e-materials.
FALLOW-UP AND EVALUATION
-At the end of the course, participants will get Europass Certificates and A Vizyon Academy Certificates. The courses are given by lecturers with academic qualifications.
-Every participant will have to fill 2 questionnaires for evaluation. (Pre-post questionnares).
-Participants will do cultural activities outside of the course time. Trainings are supported by ICT studies. Attendants will get instructions and material which will help them to be prepared for the courses needs.
-At the end of the project, participants will be given monitoring-evaluation forms. Course content can be tailored and expanded according to the participants' wishes.
-The participants will get material which includes information about all the areas covered at the course, lesson plans, all the produced outcomes of the course, useful links and more. All materials can be freely used by the participants at their school.
- Structured study visits
- Study visits to local schools (vocational, primary, secondary, high schools, special needs education schools) There is no extra cost for these study visits.
- There are two outdoor learning activities: Cappadocia city visit and historical places in Ankara. There is no extra cost for these activities.
- There is also an optional social programme for those interested (intercultural night, lunches and dinners at different restaurants, going out for a drink or coffee, or even an extra excursion) These activities depend on participant needs and wants, and those participating in them will have to pay for what they choose to eat and drink. If there is an optional excursion, they will also have to pay van costs and any other expenses (e.g. museum tickets)