This course is designed for teachers of all subjects, who desire to learn and then to teach.
AIMS OF THE COURSE
The aim of this course is to teach game and story based teaching methods. Game and material-based learning is an effective learning method by which the child can gain many vital experiences. It is a natural resource not only in perceiving the physical world, but also in the formation of logical knowledge. Story-based teaching is a method that can convey information to children in an unlimited way and lead them to new possibilities in finding solutions to the problems within the stories. Therefore, if teachers have sufficient knowledge and skills on these subjects, they create important and effective learning opportunities for children and contribute to their physical, emotional, social and cognitive development.
- Learning new methods in education,
- Making literacy education, mathematics, science, foreign language, art lessons more functional and designing different activities in this direction,
- Ensuring that the lessons (mathematics and foreign language) that students attribute as particularly difficult are transformed into a game and material-based structure,
- Teaching foreign language to foreign students with different methods,
- To increase student success and increase basic competencies,
- To make learning enjoyable and permanent,
- Designing stories, games and materials for science, mathematics, foreign language and art lessons,
- Designing stories, games and materials related to literacy education,
- Designing games and materials for children with special education needs,
FALLOW-UP AND EVALUATION
-At the end of the course, participants will get Europass Certificates and A Vizyon Academy Certificates. The courses are given by lecturers with academic qualifications.
-Every participant will have to fill 2 questionnaires for evaluation. (Pre-post questionnares).
-Participants will do cultural activities outside of the course time. Trainings are supported by ICT studies. Attendants will get instructions and material which will help them to be prepared for the courses needs.
-At the end of the project, participants will be given monitoring-evaluation forms. Course content can be tailored and expanded according to the participants' wishes.
-The participants will get material which includes information about all the areas covered at the course, lesson plans, all the produced outcomes of the course, useful links and more. All materials can be freely used by the participants at their school.
- Structured study visits
- Study visits to local schools (vocational, primary, secondary, high schools, special needs education schools) There is no extra cost for these study visits.
- There are two outdoor learning activities: Cappadocia city visit and historical places in Ankara. There is no extra cost for these activities.
- There is also an optional social programme for those interested (intercultural night, lunches and dinners at different restaurants, going out for a drink or coffee, or even an extra excursion) These activities depend on participant needs and wants, and those participating in them will have to pay for what they choose to eat and drink. If there is an optional excursion, they will also have to pay van costs and any other expenses (e.g. museum tickets)