This course is designed for teachers of all subjects, who desire to learn and then to teach.
STEM is a curriculum based on the idea of educating students in four specific disciplines — science, technology, engineering and mathematics — in an interdisciplinary and applied approach. Rather than teach the four disciplines as separate and discrete subjects, STEM integrates them into a cohesive learning paradigm based on real-world applications.
In this context, the course contents are very diverse. Courses can be created according to your requests.
Course Topics For STEM:
– Robotics coding
– Creating Scorm course materials
– Build a Makerspace for Your Students
– Creating an Inclusive Classroom
– Think Like a Computer Scientist
– Programming Pedagogy in Schools
– Teaching Raspberry Pi and Python
– Curriculum Design for Secondary School Science
– Learn the mental health implications of online learning
– Teaching Practical Science: Physics and Chemistry
– Key Approaches in Mentoring Mathematics Teachers
– Digital Networking for Maths and Science Teachers
– Differentiation for Learning
– Be ready to Run a Code Club
– Linking Curriculum Learning to STEM Careers
– Impact of Technology: How To Lead Classroom Discussions
– Nature of Maths: Understanding Numbers and Nature
– Understanding Maths and Logic in Computer Science
– Communication Skills for STEM Ambassadors
– Inspiring Young People in STEM: Planning and Organising Practical Activities
– Teaching for Home Learning
FALLOW-UP AND EVALUATION
-At the end of the course, participants will get Europass Certificates and A Vizyon Academy Certificates. The courses are given by lecturers with academic qualifications.
-Every participant will have to fill 2 questionnaires for evaluation. (Pre-post questionnares).
-Participants will do cultural activities outside of the course time. Trainings are supported by ICT studies. Attendants will get instructions and material which will help them to be prepared for the courses needs.
-At the end of the project, participants will be given monitoring-evaluation forms. Course content can be tailored and expanded according to the participants' wishes.
-The participants will get material which includes information about all the areas covered at the course, lesson plans, all the produced outcomes of the course, useful links and more. All materials can be freely used by the participants at their school.
- Structured study visits
- Study visits to local schools (vocational, primary, secondary, high schools, special needs education schools) There is no extra cost for these study visits.
- There are two outdoor learning activities: Cappadocia city visit and historical places in Ankara. There is no extra cost for these activities.
- There is also an optional social programme for those interested (intercultural night, lunches and dinners at different restaurants, going out for a drink or coffee, or even an extra excursion) These activities depend on participant needs and wants, and those participating in them will have to pay for what they choose to eat and drink. If there is an optional excursion, they will also have to pay van costs and any other expenses (e.g. museum tickets)