By this course, you will learn the common barriers faced by students with special educational needs and disabilities in the computing classroom, and how to address these barriers. This course will support teachers who want to create a more inclusive computing classroom for all of their students.
AIMS OF THE COURSE:
- to help participants expand their knowledge and skills that relate to designing and managing the inclusive classroom and leads.
- to include of people with special needs, problematic behavior and learning difficulties to the project activities.
- to deal with refugee students and integrate them to the classroom activities.
- to design classroom activities for gifted students and to increase efficiency in their education.
- to prevent early school leaving.
- to design activities for hyperkative children to concentrate in lessons.
- to teach the methods and approaches used in education.
- Important points when adapting activities in lessons for children, effective use of reinforcers and classroom management training.
- Examination of educational environments for children with disadvantages.
- Examining materials used for disadvantaged children.
- Training on techniques to improve peer communication.
- Following the sample education plan and activity adaptation application processes prepared in accordance with disadvantages children,
- Participants prepare a sample training plan and event adaptation plan.
- Designing lesson activities for refugee students.
- To design lesson activities for gifted students.
FALLOW-UP AND EVALUATION
-At the end of the course, participants will get Europass Certificates and A Vizyon Academy Certificates. The courses are given by lecturers with academic qualifications.
-Every participant will have to fill 2 questionnaires for evaluation. (Pre-post questionnares).
-Participants will do cultural activities outside of the course time. Trainings are supported by ICT studies. Attendants will get instructions and material which will help them to be prepared for the courses needs.
-At the end of the project, participants will be given monitoring-evaluation forms. Course content can be tailored and expanded according to the participants' wishes.
-The participants will get material which includes information about all the areas covered at the course, lesson plans, all the produced outcomes of the course, useful links and more. All materials can be freely used by the participants at their school.
- Structured study visits
- Study visits to local schools (vocational, primary, secondary, high schools, special needs education schools) There is no extra cost for these study visits.
- There are two outdoor learning activities: Cappadocia city visit and historical places in Ankara. There is no extra cost for these activities.
- There is also an optional social programme for those interested (intercultural night, lunches and dinners at different restaurants, going out for a drink or coffee, or even an extra excursion) These activities depend on participant needs and wants, and those participating in them will have to pay for what they choose to eat and drink. If there is an optional excursion, they will also have to pay van costs and any other expenses (e.g. museum tickets)