A makerspace is an area inside a school which students can use to apply digital skills to the real world, exploring ideas and making things collaboratively.
This course will teach you how to create a makerspace in your school. You’ll explore different approaches to makerspaces, understand the pedagogy that underpins the maker movement, and get practical advice on getting started. At the end of the course, you’ll understand the benefits of learining methods.
AIMS OF THE COURSE:
The aim of the course is to improve the digital skills of teachers and students and to design school environments as a digital learning environment. It also aims to support learning environments with digital lessons and training activities. By the end of the course, you’ll understand the benefits of learining methods.
- To design school activities to develop students' digital skills and to design school environments accordingly
- Preparing students for the future in technology education
- Teaching how to relate technology to lessons
- To teach use technology actively in education
- To enable students to develop coding activities
- To teach different approaches in technology and developments in Europe
FALLOW-UP AND EVALUATION
-At the end of the course, participants will get Europass Certificates and A Vizyon Academy Certificates. The courses are given by lecturers with academic qualifications.
-Every participant will have to fill 2 questionnaires for evaluation. (Pre-post questionnares).
-Participants will do cultural activities outside of the course time. Trainings are supported by ICT studies. Attendants will get instructions and material which will help them to be prepared for the courses needs.
-At the end of the project, participants will be given monitoring-evaluation forms. Course content can be tailored and expanded according to the participants' wishes.
-The participants will get material which includes information about all the areas covered at the course, lesson plans, all the produced outcomes of the course, useful links and more. All materials can be freely used by the participants at their school.
- Structured study visits
- Study visits to local schools (vocational, primary, secondary, high schools, special needs education schools) There is no extra cost for these study visits.
- There are two outdoor learning activities: Cappadocia city visit and historical places in Ankara. There is no extra cost for these activities.
- There is also an optional social programme for those interested (intercultural night, lunches and dinners at different restaurants, going out for a drink or coffee, or even an extra excursion) These activities depend on participant needs and wants, and those participating in them will have to pay for what they choose to eat and drink. If there is an optional excursion, they will also have to pay van costs and any other expenses (e.g. museum tickets)